If you are looking for an obstacle sensor with an 80 cm range, you should be on the right page :) This is a contactless obstacle detection digital sensor. And with the compact size, it is perfect for mini-sumo robots and small robot projects. It can detect an object within 80 cm (based on detecting area and surface, it can be up to 110cm!) range.
Interface with microcontroller is straight forward as it supports power from 5.0V, and requires to pull up resistor which can be enabled from Arduino code, just add in [pinMode(sensorpin, INPUT_PULLUP)] under the void setup(), simple and straight forward.
- Works from 4.5V to 5.5V and will draw < 25mA
- Output type: NPN output, require additional Pull up resistor
- Small multiturn POT (Potentiometer) to adjust detection distance
- At the backside, it has a red LED for detection status. Light up when the sensor detects an obstacle
- It comes with a 30cm stranded wire.
- Cable Definition:
- Red: Positive power, 4.5 to 5.5VDC
- Black: GND
- White: Signal Out (NPN)
- Response time <2ms
- Pointing angle: 15 degree
- Working temperature: -25 degree ~ + 55 degree
- Standard sensing object: sunlight 10000LX following
- Incandescent 3000LX following
- Case Material: Plastic
- Reverse Polarity Protection for the VCC and GND
- Size: 31 x 25 x 13mm
- Mini Sumo Robots (We suggest strongly!)
- Maze Robots
- Obstacle Avoiding Robots