This Auto-calibrating line sensor is super easy to use. Comes with 5 pairs of IR transmitter and receiver. It can easily covers and detects line width of 1cm to 3cm, dark color or bright color. After power up, 1 press to the push button (at the side), it starts "scanning" the surface under it, calibrating the threshold between dark and bright. It takes just 4 to 5 seconds only. Once calibration is done, these settings are stored in internal non-volatile memory, it will still "recognize" the line even after power recylce (Off and On) again. The outputs are digital (0V or 5V) to indicate line detected or no line, so reading the line position is as simple as reading digital signal.
- 5V power, reserve polarity protected
- 5 digital outputs representing logic of 5 IR sensor, represented with indicator each.
- Sensor refresh rate at ~100Hz, each sensor.
- Calibration button for easy of calibratiing sensor:
- 1 press to start calibration
- 2 press to toggle logic into Dark On mode, to sense dark line
- 3 press to toggle logic into Bright On mode, to sense bright line
- Combine with MC40A or for line following robot development
- Arduino lover, checkout the new 2A motor shield or 3A motor shield, both come with socket for LSS05
- Optional Breakout board to standard 0.1" pads, BB-2020-08H
- Comes with 2 x 3mm mounting hole
- Dimension: 28mm x 64mm
- 1 x LSS05 board
- 1 x LSS05 Cable
- 2 x 8mm PCB spacer (screw/screw)
Part 2 - Tutorial of Line Following Robot